BAREFOOTPLUS TRAVEL SDN. BHD (Registration No. 1342180U) hereby trading as “Barefoot In Thyme barefootinthyme.com) is committed to managing your personal information openly and transparently and to keeping your personal information safe. Barefoot In Thyme will take all necessary measures to fulfill this commitment, including to:
• Comply with Malaysia’s Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”);
• Ensure that we manage your personal information openly and transparently;
• only collect personal information from you that we need to offer you the best possible service and customer experience;
• tell you how we might use your personal information;
• not to disclose your personal information to any external organization unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.;
• keep your personal information secure;
• promptly respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing material from us;
• make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and ensure that, where appropriate, you can access and correct your personal information.
This policy is intended to explain clearly and in plain language some of the key processes and procedures that we have implemented to manage your personal information, to protect your privacy, and to comply with the “Act”. References to “our”, “us” and “we” in this policy are references to BAREFOOTPLUS TRAVEL SDN. BHD (Registration No. 1342180U) and trading as “Barefoot In Thyme” and its related entities. barefootinthyme.com (“Website”) is owned and administered by BAREFOOTPLUS TRAVEL SDN. BHD (Registration No. 1342180U) This policy gives a broad overview of our policies about privacy but if you require further information, you are welcome to contact us or to read any of the privacy statements or notices that will be issued to you as and when personal information is collected.
Barefoot In Thyme will only collect from you information that is necessary and relevant to our relationship with you, including to enable us to provide you the best possible service and customer experience. Barefoot In Thyme does not sell, share, or trade customer’s personal information collected online with third parties.
Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within our corporate group and to third parties for the purposes for which it was collected, as authorized and consented by you. For example, the conduct of a sales transaction of a product of your choice on our website.
When you register a Barefoot In Thyme account, the personal information we collect may include your:
Name Delivery Address Email Address Date of Birth (Optional) Gender (Optional)
When you make a purchase on the Barefoot In Thyme website, the additional personal information we collect may include:
Telephone Number Mobile Number Delivery Address
There are various reasons why Barefoot In Thyme might need to collect, hold, use, or disclose your personal information. Usually, the main reason that we will need to collect your personal information will be relating to a service that we are providing to you or are about to provide to you and for contacting you about those services. Our main services include the sale, rental and delivery of goods; providing a forum for product and service reviews and feedback; providing information and responding to queries about our goods and services; facilitating competitions; facilitating online chat; coordinating the provision of credit; processing of warranties and coordinating the installation of goods. We may also use your personal information to contact you about an event, special offer, or product that you might be interested in.
There is no obligation for you to provide us with any of your personal information but if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, Barefoot In Thyme may not be able to provide the information, goods, or services that you require.
Barefoot In Thyme may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related purpose such as:
1. to set up and activate your account with Barefoot In Thyme;
2. to consider your request for a product or service;
3. to enable us to provide a product or a service to you;
4. to coordinate delivery of your goods;
5. to facilitate and process your orders and payments;
6. to carry out or respond to your queries or requests;
7. to provide information to you that you have requested;
8. to provide additional information to you as requested by you and to respond to your queries about our products;
9. to facilitate your entry into competitions run through the Website;
10. to facilitate online chat;
11. to any third party suppliers of our goods or services, including third-party application owners or licensors;
12. to any third party credit provider to facilitate the provision of credit to you as required;
13. to our third-party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyze trends in sales and better understand your needs or to develop, improve and market our products and services to you;
14. for regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations;
15. to relevant third parties to undertake fraud checks;
16. to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
17. to perform administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development, and testing, staff training and collecting debts);
18. to facilitate product reviews and to seek your feedback about particular products, customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and to manage any customer complaints;
19. to BAREFOOTPLUS TRAVEL SDN. BHD for the direct marketing by those Recipient Parties of promotions, products, and services offered by those Recipient Parties;
20. to monitor or improve the quality and standard of service that we provide to you;
21. to consider any concerns or complaints you may raise against us;
22. to our agents, successors and/or assigns;
23. to notify you of offers that may be of interest to you; and
As part of the services that we provide to you, we may use it for marketing purposes as below:
1. use personal information that we have collected about you to identify a product or service that may benefit you;
2. contact you from time to time to let you know about a product or service that we believe you might be interested in; and
3. disclose your personal information to our related entities, any one or more of the Recipient Parties, or to our business partners (including third party facilitators) to enable them to tell you about a product or service that you might be interested in.
There may be circumstances where we need to disclose personal information that we hold about you to a third party overseas (“Overseas Recipients”). This may occur, for example, where we have a database or server hosted outside Malaysia or where you are interacting with an application that is based overseas. The countries to which we are most likely to send your personal information include the United States of America.
Wherever possible, we will limit the information provided to independent third parties to that information required for those third parties to properly perform their functions. Further, our contracts with these third parties will always require the third parties to comply with the Act (or equivalent standards).
Barefoot In Thyme ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
• Allowing access to personal information only via passwords;
• Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access; and
• Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes
Barefoot In Thyme uses 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
While care is taken to protect your personal information on the Website, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we are required to protect it under the Act.
When you visit Barefoot In Thyme, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
Your the computer IP address Browser type Webpage you were visiting before you came to our website The pages within Barefoot In Thyme that you visit’s The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation to help us improve our website and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
Wherever it is practicable, Barefoot In Thyme will always provide you with the option not to identify yourself when dealing with us. Alternatively, you may elect to use a pseudonym to protect your identity.
Please find below our contact details. Please do not hesitate to contact us about any privacy-related concerns and we will use our best endeavors to address any such concerns thoroughly and promptly. If it is practical to do so, you can contact us without identifying yourself. However, if you choose not to identify yourself, it may be more difficult for us to assist you with your inquiry. This will depend on the nature of your inquiry.
BAREFOOTPLUS TRAVEL SDN. BHD
Malaysia: Suite 8.04 – 8.10, Level 8, Retail Office Block – Room # 617 Pavilion Kuala Lumpur 168, Jalan Bukit Bintang 55100 Kuala Lumpur MALAYSIA For detailed information:firstname.lastname@example.org +60 17 3737 127
Turkey: Cankurtaran Mh. Seyit Hasan Sok No 11, Sultanahmet – Istanbul / TURKEY
Express consent to the collection, storage, use, and disclosure